In recent years, there has been a greater desire for a smile that not only feels healthy but looks good as well. This has led more people to consider treatments that improve the appearance of their smile.
But are the correct choices being made?
There is a growing concern about the number of quick and cheap dental solutions on the market. These are often found online and lead to people performing their own dental work at home.
This can be highly dangerous and could put your health at risk.
That’s why we have launched Safe Smiles – a charity campaign by the National Dental Foundation that gives you unbiased, trusted and expert advice about dental treatments.
Top tips for safe dentistry
When carried out correctly, cosmetic dentistry is extremely safe and can have many benefits.
We are here to help steer you in the right direction so that you can make informed and safe choices about your treatment.
Here are some essential tips for dental treatment that will help keep your safe smile:
- For the best, safest and healthiest smile, always visit a dental professional within a dental practice.
- No matter how simple it seems, never try to change the color, shape or alignment of your teeth at home. For a safe smile, always visit the dentist and follow their advice.
- Avoid following advice from unqualified influencers on social media and do not be tempted into DIY home treatments advertised online. Products that are trusted, safe and effective will be sold at a dental practice and recommended by the dentist.
- Have your dental treatment in the Country and avoid going abroad for treatment. Dental tourism may leave you with added complications and the standards of care often vary.
- If you play sport, have a mouthguard custom-fitted by your deal team.
By following these steps and putting your smile in professional hands, you can avoid unnecessary complications that put your smile at risk. The best choice is always the one that keeps your smile safe as well as looking great.
- Safe dentistry in professional hands
- Orthodontics – the benefits of seeing a dental professional
- The safest way to get tooth whitening